Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Scott Henderson to perform at Tone Merchants
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Scott Henderson to perform at Tone Merchants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snider

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Scott Henderson to perform at Tone Merchants Reply with quote

I have been talking to Ed Yoon at Tone Merchants about his new room behind the store that will have a great concert area/stage and sound system. He is having a couple Grand Opening Weekends with a performance by Scott on July 30th. Ed should be commended for his constant drive to establish the mecca for guiatrists seeking awesome gear and now putting on clinics and shows. I asked him to prepare a Press release and here it is!

Tone Merchants is in midst of constructing a 700 square foot clinic/concert room that will be completed by early-July. This room will feature an elevated stage and will be fully equipped with a drum kit, bass rig, full PA, lighting, and acoustic treatment (courtesy of Auralex) for the best possible room sound. Besides clinics and concert performances, this room will also be available to customers to try out gear in a band setting provided they bring along their bassist and drummer. We are also planning weekly jam nights and other activities for the local LA-area tone enthusiasts.

The Grand Opening fest for this new room will start on July 23 over two weekends. Clinic sponsors and artists include Cornford Amps with Guthrie Govan and Richie Kotzen, Suhr Guitars with Scott Henderson (slated to perform with his trio on July 30, Friday), Chris Poland and OHM (booked for July 31, Saturday), VHT Amplification and Steve Fryette’s trio, James Tyler of Tyler Guitars (who’s working on possibly getting Michael Landau to perform on either July 23 or 24), Bad Cat Amps, Evidence Audio, and many other manufacturer reps. It’s going to be a marathon of great guitar tones and awesome guitar playing. Mark these dates on your calendar. You will not want to miss this over-the-top guitar event at Tone Merchants! We’re already working on getting more great artists to perform at Tone Merchants and there’ll be plenty of great guitar performances and clinics for a long time to come!
fusion58

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn!

I used to live in South OC not too far from Tone Merchants.

Now I have one more reason to regret moving here to cow country.

Wink
PierreL

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if Ed could shot the whole thing on video as for the Govan Guthrie Cornford clinic.
Lee Delaney

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PierreL wrote:
It would be great if Ed could shot the whole thing on video as for the Govan Guthrie Cornford clinic.

Yee Gads, what an incredible line-up.
Ed should hire a professional film/audio company's services then sell the individual performances on behalf of the artists. Then we can have the current incarnation of the Blues Trio to watch forever more. It is a moment in time that really should be properly captured for posterity.
I saw them in Vienna last year, and I can still feel the chill from the tones Scott was pumping out. Mega.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: