Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Tunes at beginning and end of 'Jazz Fusion Improvisation'
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Tunes at beginning and end of 'Jazz Fusion Improvisation'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Tunes at beginning and end of 'Jazz Fusion Improvisation' Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have just joined the forum as a registered user about 20 minutes ago - so I'm a real newbie Smile

Anyhow for my first posting, I have a question in relation to the tunes that Scott plays for the 'intro' and 'outro' of his 'Jazz Fusion Improvisation' video. I actually have the DVD that contains both 'Jazz Fusion Improvisation' and 'Melodic Phrasing', but these tunes are at the beginning and ending of 'Jazz Fusion Improvisation' .

Does anyone know anything about the chord progressions for these 2 tunes? I particularly love the intro tune he plays over. Some of Scott's best solo (or most enjoyable to my ears) are done over more ballad oriented tunes - such as Peru, etc.

Does anyone know the chord progressions for either of these tunes? Are they from earlier Tribal Tech albums (which I obviously don't have), or were they maybe written shortly before for the video, and then used as a good vehicle to demostrate the concepts, etc ?

Many thanks.
Steve.
Mirzoev

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Wayne Shorter's "Ana Maria". Check real books for lead sheet.
Steve99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for that info. (Sorry I can't see your first name).

I have some of the Real Books, and I had heard the tune before, but although it sounded familiar when Scott played it, I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I love the changes in that tune, and will learn something from Scott's playing against it (as always).

Cheers.
Steve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: