Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Choice
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Choice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
léo castro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Choice Reply with quote

Hi scott!I´m a fan from Brasil. I have two problems to resolve.I will by an amp and one guitar.Why do you think :

1.fender hot rod deluxe or peavey classic 30?
2. fender stratocaster with 3 singles,or 2 singles and one humbuncking in a bridge position?
Thanks man.
steev05

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi man,
I'm not scott.. but i can help you on that.

1.Never, Never trust peavey! it works fine at the begining but soon you will have problems.. it's really fragile.
2. to me the Hot rod series is the worst ever made by fender.. go for a classic tweed amp, like a blues deville reissue, on the hot rod, the dirty channel is really bad, on the classic version it works better with pedals.
3. For a strat PU configuration it's about personnal taste, i have guitars with SSS, guitars with SSH, it depends what you need to do with it.
the best advice i could give you if you want a fender strat is, take the time to try A LOT of different guitars. regardless of PU config, colors,.. get the one that sounds the best unplugged, the one that breathes, sounds more open.
from that point, start to experiment with different PU's.
I bought a couple of fenders over the past 4 years, one "knopfler" strat that was the best sounding instrument in the store even compared with another knopfler model...so one is not another..
and the last was a relic custom shop tele, i tried 8 of these, and i took the best, the 7 others were like dead!
so with Fender, it can be a lottery, take your time to try and listen.

The latest config i tried on my Tyler was 2 Suhr FL's and 1 SSV on the bridge.
SSV is a great choice since the overall frequency does not change so much from a single coil but you have the kick and snarl!

hope it helps, i'm not scott but i think he would agree with that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: