Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - thinkin' about a Fuchs ODS 30

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

thinkin' about a Fuchs ODS 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
txbluesinva

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: thinkin' about a Fuchs ODS 30 Reply with quote

Hey,
I'm really interested in buying a Fuchs ODS 30 1x12 combo, but I have a few questions that I was hoping could be answered by someone here. I've heard that Fuchs amps are the closest you can come to a Dumble. I would go and play one, but the nearest dealer is quite a ways away. I'm a Blues player who plays a Strat with 13's and I'm looking for a really BIG clean tone, like "I'm Leavin' You (Commit a Crime)" played by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble on 'Live Alive', for reference. I'm going to be using this amp in a small club situation and I was turned on by the fact that you could have a low gain setting, around 3, and turn the master volume way up to make it loud. So my question is, does anyone know how the clean channel compares to an amp like a Dumble SSS, or is there a better amp for me in the same price range? I know I'll be getting a good product no matter what, but I want to make sure this is the amp for me before I spend the cash. Thanks a lot.
-Tom
scottl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: thinkin' about a Fuchs ODS 30 Reply with quote

Hi Tom,

I have several good friends in VA that have Fuchs amps. Several are amps that I personally tweaked. Shoot me an email and I can put you in touch with them so you might be able to try one out.

Fwiw, a 50 would be my minimum suggestion.... 30 won't have the big cleans.

Thanks for writing!

Scott
txbluesinva wrote:
Hey,
I'm really interested in buying a Fuchs ODS 30 1x12 combo, but I have a few questions that I was hoping could be answered by someone here. I've heard that Fuchs amps are the closest you can come to a Dumble. I would go and play one, but the nearest dealer is quite a ways away. I'm a Blues player who plays a Strat with 13's and I'm looking for a really BIG clean tone, like "I'm Leavin' You (Commit a Crime)" played by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble on 'Live Alive', for reference. I'm going to be using this amp in a small club situation and I was turned on by the fact that you could have a low gain setting, around 3, and turn the master volume way up to make it loud. So my question is, does anyone know how the clean channel compares to an amp like a Dumble SSS, or is there a better amp for me in the same price range? I know I'll be getting a good product no matter what, but I want to make sure this is the amp for me before I spend the cash. Thanks a lot.
-Tom

Fritz_D_Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott - I have the same problem finding Fuchs stuff here. Can you rate the clean channel loudness of a 30 compared to a common Fender amp ? I'm familiar with DRRI, BDx, BDvl, Bassman LTD, to name a few. I love 6v6 tone, and do need a little less volume (and weight) than my Deville (my major amp, that I need to upgrade from).

Fritz D Cat
dave_c

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritz_D_Cat wrote:
Scott - I have the same problem finding Fuchs stuff here. Can you rate the clean channel loudness of a 30 compared to a common Fender amp ? I'm familiar with DRRI, BDx, BDvl, Bassman LTD, to name a few. I love 6v6 tone, and do need a little less volume (and weight) than my Deville (my major amp, that I need to upgrade from).

Andy advertises a 4x6V6 TDS/ODS @ 50W on his website.
txbluesinva

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
Thanks for the offer Scott, but I've decided on a Silverface Twin Reverb instead. It has the ability to be cranked all the way to 9 and still be perfectly clean, which is exactly what I'm looking for, that HUGE clean tone. It's the closest thing out there to the SSS, other than the Two Rock Sterling Signature, but I might as well buy a Dumble at that price. So thanks again, but I won't need to try out any Fuchs amplifiers.
scottl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it! You scored a great amp!

Btw, if you ever get a chance, check out the Fuchs TDS. Teh clean side is amazing. Huge headroom! Once of the best cleans I ever heard bar none....

txbluesinva wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for the offer Scott, but I've decided on a Silverface Twin Reverb instead. It has the ability to be cranked all the way to 9 and still be perfectly clean, which is exactly what I'm looking for, that HUGE clean tone. It's the closest thing out there to the SSS, other than the Two Rock Sterling Signature, but I might as well buy a Dumble at that price. So thanks again, but I won't need to try out any Fuchs amplifiers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: