Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - midi option for fuchs amp

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

midi option for fuchs amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passjoe1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: midi option for fuchs amp Reply with quote

hello,
does anybody know something about midifying an ODS 30 combo?
on fuchs' homepage is a link to RJM gear. does it allow the switching
of chanel,mid-boost, reverb....all the jobs that the "artist-remote" normally does? does the fuchs have an midi-in? what's the trick?
my other amps i ch-switch with my old tc-2290 dig. delay. therefore i modified the reverb on/off of my boogie. connection with a stereo cable,
works fine , without extra gear.

i only wanna have one remote, because i can't dance....

so long
dave_c

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: midi option for fuchs amp Reply with quote

passjoe1 wrote:
hello,
does anybody know something about midifying an ODS 30 combo?
on fuchs' homepage is a link to RJM gear. does it allow the switching
of chanel,mid-boost, reverb....all the jobs that the "artist-remote" normally does? does the fuchs have an midi-in? what's the trick?
my other amps i ch-switch with my old tc-2290 dig. delay. therefore i modified the reverb on/off of my boogie. connection with a stereo cable,
works fine , without extra gear.

i only wanna have one remote, because i can't dance....

so long

Check the RJM website. Link is on Fuchs website. The trick is a box called Amp Gizmo that goes between your MIDI pedal and the Fuchs. It converts MIDI program change commands from your MIDI pedal to relay-controlled switching voltages on the XLR cable and 1/4' cable (for reverb) on the ODS/TDS. I've got one on order myself for a TDS I have on order. It controls channel switching, all the mid/gain boosts, reverb bypass and FX loop bypass. It might even control the Crunch Mode On/Off and Ford/Carlton switches on the TDS hand tune. Checkin' on that now.
scottl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro and GCX in my rack. The GCX loops can also do any type of switching. All you need is either XLR to 1/4 or ethernet plug to 1/4 adapter cable. Plus, the Ground Control Pro is really nice! Can't wait to get it all wired up and interfaced with my Eventide Eclipse.

Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: