Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - hello from western Pa.

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

hello from western Pa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasper801

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: hello from western Pa. Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the cool website, am having a ball here.
I went to berklee in '77 (YIKES, that was a long time ago!), then dropped out and got a day gig for 20 years, just back to playing (weekend jazz-blues gigs) about 5 years.
I have a Hamer Newport pro with Lollar imperial P/U's, (man what a tone), an old Yamaha Ae1200s jazzbox (1980-dead mint cond) and a strat with kinman's.
On the amp side, I only have a Fuchs ODS50SLX. I just bought an Ear Candy soveriegn 1-12 ported cab, what a nice tone, have you ever tried their cabs? I'm stuck between the RWB, and Swamp Thang, the swampy sounds real good with the big jazzbox, the RWB sounds good overall.
Anyways, not to get too long-winded, just want to say 'thanks" for all the great stuff you have going on here.
Regards, Paul
scottl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul!

Sorry to take so long in responding! Nice to meet you... Berklee was an amazing place back in the 70s I hear.

I'd love to hear the Ear Candy cab sometime... Ever make it to the Philly area??

Lately I have been enjoying the Scumback speakers. I just put some comments in the other area.

Scott
jasper801

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

The last time I was in Philly was a few thanksgivings ago to see FG with the Corea Electric band. My jaw is still sore from being on the floor for so long!
I almost never make it over there, but once in a while i make it to Harrisburg, if i make it that far, I'll drop you a line to see if you'll be around.
I have been looking at the scumback speakers, they look interesting. Which one is their most versatile model, the bass cones look interesting, probably not so bright, right?
Have you tried Lollar pickups yet, they are pretty amazing!
Thanks for the reply, let me know if you play within 2 or 3 hours from Pittsburgh, OK?
Take care, Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: