Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - Graphtech saddles

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Graphtech saddles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottl

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Graphtech saddles Reply with quote

The nice folks at Graphtech are sending me out a set of the String Saver saddles for my Baker RF. Very interesting product. I'll definately report back my findings when I install them. The saddles in my Tonepros bridge are getting "sharp" and the E string tends to break after a certain amount of useage. The Graphtechs should fix that.
manleyf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: I have the Graphtec's on my Baker B1C #751 Reply with quote

I really like those saddles- I have the graphite ones with the piezo/midi elements in them. At the time they didn't make them for the Tone Pros bridge, but they were nice enough to custom build them for my bridge. I believe they now have a stock saddle set for the Tonepros bridge.

I don't think I've ever broken a string on that guitar. Now, I have a pretty mellow picking style and don't get to aggressive (I'm too old and happy to play like that any more. ~Smile

I used the midi out quite a bit initially, but I've always loved the piezo output-

I have my 1/4" jack wired stereo where with a standard cable the mag and piezo is all in one, and then if I use a TRS cable, I can split out the piezo signal into a full range am,p or PA, and then the mag goes to my amp setup.

With my chambered Baker, the piezo tone is incredible and I believe it rivals most high end Ovations and other piezo only acoustic guitars for overall tone.

Anyway- let me know what you think,
Manley Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: