Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - Hello from sunny Denton TX

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Hello from sunny Denton TX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim G.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Hello from sunny Denton TX Reply with quote

Hey Scott, this is Tim Goynes from long ago. Great to see you have a discussion page! Looking forward to the new CD. Things are cool here, playing a lot, meeting a lot of great musicians...I had lunch and dinner with Adam Rogers last Friday, which was cool. He just bought a '56 Tele man...$10k.

Wish you could come down here sometime, lot of great music happening. When I get some of my projects recorded I'll send you some copies. Take care!

-Tim
scottl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to have you here Tim!!!

I need your new stuff... You have some serious talent! I am way jealous of how much you are always improving! I am sure I'd be afraid to trade lines with you now!

Did you get to jam with Adam?? He is insane! Did you hear this snippet from a minidisc recording of his 55 Bar Gig with Chris Potter? Here is the link

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/shawn/PotterRogersTune3.mp3

Stay in touch and I want to hear what you are up to!

Scott
Tim G.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, I'll keep in touch for sure. I'm pretty busy these days with gigs but I generally find some time to stop by and check emails and discussion boards and stuff.

No, sadly I did not get to jam with Adam. He did give a clinic and concert, however, which was absolutely amazing. He did give some private lessons, but I had a rehearsal with this kickass R&B drummer from Philadelphia who lives in Dallas now named Charles Collins...do a google search on his name, he's been on a whole bunch of old hits from the 70s. But yeah, Adam is very well-spoken, can talk about what he's doing--something a lot of guys tend to lack.

By the way, I love your new Heritage! Sell me that damn Jaros, you know you don't need it anymore, and I do! Laughing I would take care of it! How does the Heritage sound/feel? I've played a couple 535s, a friend of mine has one, and I remember loving the sound--warm but with definition. If I'm ever up in that area for some reason, you need to play my Anderson, too...it seems to feel and sound better every day.

Regards,

Tim
Tim G.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I did a search myself on that drummer guy, and it brought up a lot of entries for Phil Collins (apparently his name is Phillip David Charles Collins). I found this link though, for the guy I'm playing with:

http://www.hansenfutz.com/id10.html

He's about halfway down, and it has a short bio. He's a baaaaaad dude man. Super tight pocket!

Regards,

Tim
scottl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim G. wrote:
Hey, I did a search myself on that drummer guy, and it brought up a lot of entries for Phil Collins (apparently his name is Phillip David Charles Collins). I found this link though, for the guy I'm playing with:

http://www.hansenfutz.com/id10.html

He's about halfway down, and it has a short bio. He's a baaaaaad dude man. Super tight pocket!

Regards,

Tim

Tim,

I think I may have jammed on a tune or two with him at some point... He looks familiar. Ask him if has ever sat in at this little bar at around 52nd and Market in Philly. The bar has the word Red in it... Like Red Hat or something like that. About a year and half ago...

Scott
clovis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tim,

Long time no see. Man, post some new clips soon. I'm dying to hear what you've been up to. Let me know if you want to jam again soon. I can drive up some weekend.

Take care,

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: