Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - Hey

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Hey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kleinm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

First off, I have to give props to Scott. I've loved your website for a LONG time, and I've thoroughly enjoyed the music you've shared. On a technical love, I can't say enough how much help you've been to the DIY community, for those looking to get "that" tone. Your generousity is incredible.

I'm Mike, a 26 year old working in and living near Wichita, KS. I do neurocritical care research by day, but I'm headed back to school in the fall. I also give guitar instruction 2 days a week, but don't let that fool you - I still can't play well Wink.

I've been playing for 13 years, and I've been building pedals for about a year, and just completed my first amp build this month. I love all sorts of music, and hack my way through them accordingly.

My main guitars are a PRS Standard 22 that I'm still searching for the right pickups, a Singlecut w/ DiMarzio Virtual PAFs, and a stock Fender Eric Johnson Strat. I have more pedals than I care to mention, a VHT Deliverance 60 Head with matching VHT D4x12, and a Brown Note D'Lite 35w that I just built with a 2x12 and Celestion Heritage G12-65s.

Some of my favorite guitarists include Bill Frisell, Page Hamilton, Mike Stern, John Scofield, Angus Young, Allan Holdsworth, and, well, Scott. Smile

Thanks for everything, Scott!
scottl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Btw, try the Virtual Hot PAF in the bridge on the single cut. Let me know when the build is done. Post some clips...k??
kleinm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man.

Thanks for all your help on the build. Your mods are the business, across the board. I sent you a note earlier this morning....

I ordered a Virtual Hot PAF and Bluesbucker for my Standard 22. If I dig the Hot in that guitar, I might try it in the Singlecut. Is it significantly "better" compared to the regular Virtual PAF?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: