Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - Preference for Eminence

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Preference for Eminence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khpro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Preference for Eminence Reply with quote

I know the best way is to listen and it appears audio samples are readily available, but it would be nice to hear from those that have played these in different rooms and outdoors and recorded, etc...

I just bought a Fuchs modded Bassman to ODS head. I've got an H&K closed back ext. w/ V30, but I expect that will not be the right cab for this. I'm leaning toward the Eminence, but I don't have a great way to A/B compare them in a real life situation.

Assuming we're in a 12" world, let's get the jury out for comparisons, preferences and opinions for the RWB, Wizard and Tonespotter.

Thanks!
Kenny
khpro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: process of elimination begins... Reply with quote

No comparisons, but there are certain things I'm looking for and in a nutshell, I found the Tonespotter to be a bit flat and headed towards muddy in the lower mid range. I can eliminate this one from a stand alone experience.

So if you have pluses, minuses and opinions about the Wizard vs. RWB, then I'm all ears.

Kenny
scottl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kenny,

First observation is that without doubt, the only speaker that I liked the sound of in a closed back is the Celestion G12-65.

Now, if you are using a ported back cab and want the differences between the Tonespotter, Wizard, and RWB, I can help.

Tonespotter- clear topend, scoop in mids at 1500, and loose bass. Prone to conecry

Wizard- spikey top end, full mids, tighter bass. Prone to bad conecry.

RWB- Dull muffled top end, creamiest mids, tight bass. No cry.

Maybe a Spotter-RWB in a 2X12 would be good?

Personally I am thrilled with my Celestion G12-65 reissues. It has no cry, clear top, smooth, nice mids.... Really superb speaker. Not cheap though.

Hope I helped?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: