Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - May Wizard clips... Lend an ear please

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

May Wizard clips... Lend an ear please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottl

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: May Wizard clips... Lend an ear please Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Here are a couple of clips I recorded last night to check out how the 50 watter sounded in the Wizard combo cab. I find the Wizard to be a few db hot in the low mids and a few db short in the highs. I wonder if breaking it in will help. I am going to try my Tonespotter tonight. My initial thoughts are that the Spotter is more scooped and a bit more articulate. Could be perfect!

Here are the clips. SLX50, Baker RF, and Wizard speaker. SM57 mic.

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/mayclips/SLX50Wizard500MilesUltra3.MP3 (500 Miles High)

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/mayclips/SLX50Wizard500MilesUltra4.MP3 (500 Miles High)

http://www.scottlernermusic.com/mayclips/SLX50WizardRhumba2.MP3 (Ford Rhumba Blues)

Thanks for listening,

Scott
Jazzpick

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Yes, I can note a positive improve about articulation in this tone research, it sound like more auditive relieve beetwen articulations ..that is cool, btw , extraordinaire clips playing , my quote in SLX50Wizard500MilesUltra4.MP3= 2:11~2:19...wow..that get me breathless..masterfull!
Scott I make a backing track could be cool for me listen your soloing over it ...if possible, it is available in my site www.jazzpick.com/add-a-track .

regards

Carlos Eduardo Arellano
www.carloseduardoarellano.com/music
scottl

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzpick wrote:
Hi Scott,

Yes, I can note a positive improve about articulation in this tone research, it sound like more auditive relieve beetwen articulations ..that is cool, btw , extraordinaire clips playing , my quote in SLX50Wizard500MilesUltra4.MP3= 2:11~2:19...wow..that get me breathless..masterfull!
Scott I make a backing track could be cool for me listen your soloing over it ...if possible, it is available in my site www.jazzpick.com/add-a-track .

regards

Carlos Eduardo Arellano
www.carloseduardoarellano.com/music

Thanks Carlos! Your comments mean so much to me! You are one of my favorite players!

I loved the Smooth Blues backing. I am worried how to play on this and not sound like Larry Carlton! Help! I will try it soon!

Scott
Toogs

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, wonderful playing.

I agree about the low mids and the highs. The tonespotter seems awesome too, can't wait for your review. What do you think of the CRex ?
scottl

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toogs wrote:
Scott, wonderful playing.

I agree about the low mids and the highs. The tonespotter seems awesome too, can't wait for your review. What do you think of the CRex ?

Thanks for listening Toogs. I like the C-Rex and the Spotter. I need to so A/B clisp to really see how they are performing though. Soon!

Scott
bluesdude

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told the C-Rex's are only "good" when they open up at higher volumes. Otherwise, they're too dark.

Scott, how do you like the Tonespotter? It's supposed to be like Celestion's G12-65.
Have you tried the Red Ryder? It's Eminence's version of the CL80.
So far, which speaker you've used do you think is your fav?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: