Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - Blue Bossa

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Blue Bossa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azgolfer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Blue Bossa Reply with quote

Scott,

I am going over your version of Blue Bossa and a couple of things puzzle me. You seem to play a C melodic minor lick over the em7b5 the first time through. Is there maybe an Ebmaj7+5 there ? Also you seem to be playing some kind of fmaj7 or dm lick over the Ab7 the first couple of times. Is the change something besides a II V I in Db ?

Again, thanks for all the great solos.

Fred
scottl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Blue Bossa Reply with quote

Hi Fred,

I usually treat the Dbmaj7 change as a ii-Valt-I Did you mean ebmin7 instead of em7b5? I usually just listen and develop motifs using chord tones and my ear. Sometimes there could be a note that is "unanalyzable" I try not to think that hard while I play. I'll grab the axe later and check some specific phrases out for you. Any exact times you want me to check out? Also, I have a bunch of live trio versions of Blue Bossa I could post if you are interested.

Cheers....

Scott

azgolfer wrote:
Scott,

I am going over your version of Blue Bossa and a couple of things puzzle me. You seem to play a C melodic minor lick over the em7b5 the first time through. Is there maybe an Ebmaj7+5 there ? Also you seem to be playing some kind of fmaj7 or dm lick over the Ab7 the first couple of times. Is the change something besides a II V I in Db ?

Again, thanks for all the great solos.

Fred

azgolfer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Times and correction Reply with quote

Sorry, that should have been Dm7b5. The lick is 9.2 seconds into it. The Dm thing actually happens both times through the II V I in Db but the second time is at 52.6. Good point about just using your ear, though. Probably more to learn from that statement than anything I'll get from the transcribing Smile .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: