Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - Pickup question

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Pickup question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homerayvaughan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Pickup question Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
What are you currently using for pickups in your Bakers? I have a Fender Esprit that I have a Duncan '59 neck and JB bridge, but I feel that the JB is a little harsh and can get muddy. What would you suggest? I was thinking of taking out the JB and putting another '59 in the bridge.
Thanks in advance!
scottl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pickup question Reply with quote

homerayvaughan wrote:
Hi Scott,
What are you currently using for pickups in your Bakers? I have a Fender Esprit that I have a Duncan '59 neck and JB bridge, but I feel that the JB is a little harsh and can get muddy. What would you suggest? I was thinking of taking out the JB and putting another '59 in the bridge.
Thanks in advance!

I currently have a set of unpotted Wolfetones in my RF. THey are clear and articulate. They are not microphonic at all.

I do think that maybe another 59 may be better than your current setup. But, you may want to try adding a 1M resistor across the outer lugs of your Fenders bridge volume pot first. (as long as it is a 500k pot) This loads the circuit and may help the tone!

Scott
homerayvaughan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott!

In regards to the 1M resistor, what does "load" the signal mean? Is this a common practice for all pickups, or humbuckers in particular?
Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: