Steve Kimock Discussion :: View topic - greetings from Hyde Park, NY - thank you Steve!
Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index

Steve Kimock Discussion
The Official Steve Kimock Discussion Group

www.Kimock.com

Buy Steve Kimock's New CD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chat Users Currently Chatting

greetings from Hyde Park, NY - thank you Steve!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ataraxia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: greetings from Hyde Park, NY - thank you Steve! Reply with quote

Hello!

I thought I'd share how I "found" kimock. On February 14th, 2003, I was sitting here at my apartment, in a new town in a new state, and was a little depressed and a lot bored. I heard on the radio about this band "steve kimock" that was playing in Bearsville outside of Woodstock. I knew nothing of Kimock and had imagined some Phish knockoff jamband... wondered what the lyrics would be like... seriously! I convinced myself to go by thinking "well if the band isn't that good at least I get to see Woodstock." I pulled up mapquest and headed off to Bearsville.

It is hard to describe what happened that night. My naivety going in made the experience all-the-more remarkable. I cannot begin to describe the intensely emotional experience... the excitement wondering what was going to happen next. I had no expectations and Steve met even the most unrealistic ones I could have imagined. I left that night happy, dumbfounded, a little shaken to my core, and wanting it to never end.

I go to shows now whenever my schedule permits, which has been 12 times since that fateful night in Feb. 03.

Thank you Steve, you have shown me great things about music and myself that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

-Mike

P.S. The Zen Master said, "Make me one with everything."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: