Steve Kimock Discussion :: View topic - David Crosby & Graham Nash - Wind on the Water
Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index

Steve Kimock Discussion
The Official Steve Kimock Discussion Group

www.Kimock.com

Buy Steve Kimock's New CD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chat Users Currently Chatting

David Crosby & Graham Nash - Wind on the Water

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Turn us on
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikecornett

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: David Crosby & Graham Nash - Wind on the Water Reply with quote

David Crosby & Graham Nash - Wind on the Water

Get it? Got it? Good.

David Lindley tearing it up on lap steel & violin...James Taylor backing band, w/ guests like Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Carole King, Levon Helm, etc., etc...

Recorded in the famed Wally Heider's Studio C w/ Stephen Barncard at the controls....same place/people that did Deja Vu, American Beauty, etc.

GREATTTTTT SOUNDS
Bakersfield,CA
57tele

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I haven't heard that in a long time. Yeah, Lindley is great on all that C&N stuff, and of course, C&N are great, too. Think there's maybe 5? of them; I remember the live one especially.
mikecornett

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 3...or 4 maybe..live being one of em...I think they did 3 for that CBS label deal.

Stephen Barncard's engineering is incredible...That Studio C was magical, as well. Even to this day, with a different board and engineering staff and all, the stuff that comes out of Hyde Street Studio's 'C' room is great sounding...Chuck Prophet's 'Age of Miracles' was recorded there.
Bakersfield,CA
Frankenstrat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikecornett wrote:
I think 3...or 4 maybe..live being one of em...I think they did 3 for that CBS label deal.

Stephen Barncard's engineering is incredible...That Studio C was magical, as well. Even to this day, with a different board and engineering staff and all, the stuff that comes out of Hyde Street Studio's 'C' room is great sounding...Chuck Prophet's 'Age of Miracles' was recorded there.

D'oh! I keep forgetting to pick up, "Age of Miracles." Thanks for the reminder. I used to work with one of his regular bass players. A guy named Rob Douglass, oh and his little brother Dave is one badass drummer ta boot. I wish all the best for Chuck, and I wish more people like him could make a little better of a living from playing music here in the States. In his down time between tours, and studio projects he has to park cars as a valet somewhere here in SF.
lalaland

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to see Lindley this summer! August 2nd. He's performing just about 15 minutes away from here. I am so pumped! Then the ABB the 12th, and Banyan the 26th! Sweet!

Jamie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Turn us on All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: