Steve Kimock Discussion :: View topic - strings
Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index

Steve Kimock Discussion
The Official Steve Kimock Discussion Group

www.Kimock.com

Buy Steve Kimock's New CD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chat Users Currently Chatting

strings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Gear talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddyrama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: strings Reply with quote

Hey Steve, I read on TGP on a thread about I forget what, that your strat has a 14 high e and a wound g. Is that pretty much how heavy you string all your solid guitars like the Cripes and the explorer? Thanks and I will see you in Sellersville.
kimock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: strings Reply with quote

buddyrama wrote:
Hey Steve, I read on TGP on a thread about I forget what, that your strat has a 14 high e and a wound g. Is that pretty much how heavy you string all your solid guitars like the Cripes and the explorer? Thanks and I will see you in Sellersville.

No, the Strat is the only one 14 18 28w 38 49 62 right now.
The white Mustang was 16 18 28w etc on the last tour, but it's back to Pyramid flat 11's.
The fretless has a 16 on top. 16 18 22p 28w 38 49
The Explorer, the L5, and the Goldtop LP are all 12 16 24w 32 42 52.
The L7, the Ozark and the Vega are 13 17 26w 36 46 56.
The Cripe's are both 11's, Pyramid flats (wound G) on the teak, D'Addario roundwound, plain G on the ebony.

I like the strings at least a little heavy I guess, I'm not really using anything lighter than 11's onstage these days.
The white Strat with the 14's is a special case, it just loves those strings and feels great, plays great, and sounds great with that gauge.
If it worked on everything, I'd use it on everything, but the string gauge depends on what the guitar likes, and they're all a little different.

Peace!
buddyrama

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Gear talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: