Steve Kimock Discussion :: View topic - Techniques for starting slide on guitar and square neck
Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index

Steve Kimock Discussion
The Official Steve Kimock Discussion Group

www.Kimock.com

Buy Steve Kimock's New CD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chat Users Currently Chatting

Techniques for starting slide on guitar and square neck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Practice, practice, practice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaction Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Techniques for starting slide on guitar and square neck Reply with quote

In what seemed to be one of the busiest years I've had that I can remember, 2005 proved to be hard for me to find time to sit down and pratice my ture passion of music, guitar, and theory. Now that the new year is ushered in I've decided to make a fresh start and I've carfed a lot more free time into my schedule.

With that in mind one aspect I really want to zone in on is playing slide on guitar and square neck. I've already made my attempt at steel - which I must admit is gratifyingly fun. Fortunately, (to me) it was a very approachable instrument and there is a wealth of information on the intra net to supplement that cause. However I'de like to move my focus over to the guitar and perhaps the square neck arena as well. There are a number of musicians that I admire (Steve included) that are just nuts on slide and I've always had a closet affinity for its presence in a band.

At any rate - when it comes to guitar - I don't really know where to begin. Any techniques I should work on? What should I start to practice? Any methods I should incorporate to ensure I'm doing things properly? Basically, what are some exercises I can work with for the next few months to get this off the ground?

Thanks!
Maxine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slide guitar is a particular technique for playing the guitar that is frequently utilized as a part of blues-style music. The method includes setting a protest against the strings while playing to make glissando impacts and profound vibratos that make the music candidly expressive. It normally includes playing the guitar in the customary position (level against the body) with the utilization of a tubular "slide" fitted on one of the guitarist's fingers. The slide might be a metal or glass tube like the neck of a container coursework help uk. The expression "bottleneck" was truly used to portray this sort of playing. The strings are commonly culled while the slide is moved over the strings to change the pitch. The guitar may likewise be set on the player's lap and played with a hand-held bar and is then alluded to as "lap slide guitar" or "lap steel guitar".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Practice, practice, practice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: