Steve Kimock Discussion :: View topic - Dearmond line-out...
Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index

Steve Kimock Discussion
The Official Steve Kimock Discussion Group

www.Kimock.com

Buy Steve Kimock's New CD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chat Users Currently Chatting

Dearmond line-out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Gear talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Dearmond line-out... Reply with quote

Hi Steve-

Could you share with me how you pad down the speaker signal on the Dearmond for a line out? A little sketch, ohms & watts and all that jazz?

I built an RT-5 circuit for my nephew to go with the les paul junior I got him last year for Christmas, I omitted the tremolo and used a 6aq5 (small bottle 7-pin) instead of the 6v6 for extra squishiness.

Well that little amp really knocked me out and I have an extra set of trannies around (power transformer courtesy of a dumpster-rescued webster wire-recorder!) so I'd like to build one for myself but add a line-out jack and send pot on the front panel to make life easy. The whole shebang is going into a 19.5" pine box with a old baldwin/leslie 12" alnico Jensen.

Missed you at the Mystic Garden Party, it was about 10 miles from my house but too much $$$ to get in there.

Peace, Erik
kimock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Dearmond line-out... Reply with quote

ER wrote:
Hi Steve-

Could you share with me how you pad down the speaker signal on the Dearmond for a line out? A little sketch, ohms & watts and all that jazz?

I don't know how to do a sketch in this format, I guess I would need a scanner, right?
But don't despair, it's exactly the old Mesa line out in a little box, speaker level in, volume pot, output at whatever, "instrument level" or whatever the input of the next device likes to see.

Here's a link to an old Boogie schematic showing the same circuit.
http://www.schematicheaven.com/boogieamps/boogie_mkiib.pdf

All the way over on the right hand side of the page. "Slave" it says. . .
That's all it is, two jacks, a pot and a resistor, I don't think the pot and resistor values are terribly critical within reason, you'll just hit your sweet spot at a different place in the pot's sweep.
You could probably get away with a barely cracked volume pedal with a little single-ended amp if you want to try it.
I have . . . didn't blow anything up!
ER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, that's just what I needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Steve Kimock Discussion Forum Index -> Gear talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: