Suhr :: View topic - Mike Landau Live DVD Project

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Mike Landau Live DVD Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Mike Landau Live DVD Project Reply with quote

Mike Landau and Kirk Fletcher hung out at our shop most of the day yesterday. We went out for lunch and they spent all afternoon here hanging out, getting some work done on their guitars and amps (including the update on Mike's Badger, which he's really digging by the way and will soon make clips of). At lunch, Mike mentioned that he'd like to work on a live DVD and I recommended our a friend of mine, Pat Watson, for the video work. Pat is a professional videographer and he's done some splendid work for me in the past (Guthrie's performance from Jan 20, '05 which never got released due to what Guthrie felt was less-than-stellar night) and the Rob Marcello's Wild West clinic clips.

I showed Mike Pat's work on that unreleased Guthrie DVD and Mike really liked it. BTW, Mike really digs Guthrie. Mike said that Guthrie really has good feel and ideas to go along with his monster chops. He was enjoying the DVD footage and I gave him a copy for him to study so he can get an idea of how he'd like his own video portion to be presented on his live DVD. It doesn't seem Mike's going to be too picky about it. He saw the footage and knew right away that Pat knows what he's doing.

So the plan is now in motion to have Pat film two nights of Mike performing at the Baked Potato and probalby cull the best material from those two nights for a feature live DVD. I think Mike (by himself or with Bob Bradshaw) will record and edit the audio and then sync it up with Pat's video footage although Pat knows audio pretty good as well. Mike seemed eager to get this done. He seems more interested in really getting his own music and albums and this DVD out there. He also mentioned that he'll be doing a short tour of Japan later this year, so I'm going to work on arranging him to also play several dates in Korea afterwards through our distributor there. Mike is pretty big in Korea as well and Korea has become a raging market for us.

Anywho, that's the latest tidbit on Mike's much talked about live DVD. And being that Pat is a major Landau freak, you know there's going to be a lot of passion behind the video work as well. It looks like a total win-win situation for all parties involved and it seems we've taken a major step towards preparing that mythical live Landau DVD that everyone's been dreaming of. Very Happy
fusion58

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This is a dream come true for Landau fans.

Thanks for the 411.

Cool
Melodic Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so very stoked!
That is a DVD that I'm definitely going to get or even pre-order when available!! Wink
welkers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outstanding news! sign me up for a copy of that DVD. can't wait to see that one man.
Melodic Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any updates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Artists All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: