Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Member, Howdy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cactus Jim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: New Member, Howdy! Reply with quote

I got disgusted with the music that was being "fed" to us on the radio and got tired of playing the oldies over and over. I gave up playing for a long time because there didn't seem to be anything I wanted to hear any more. Just restarted a couple of years ago after starting to listen mostly to country and Jazz/blues. Johnny A. made me want to be a better player and is a real boost to my intrests cause he plays real music that has clear notes and rich guitar tones. I just hate guys that are suposed to be the "latest and greatest" and all they do is generate a bunch of un-intelligible high speed and high volume jibberish that sounds like their guitar is being dragged behind a dump truck.
I always wanted a Stratocaster till I finaly got one; makes me wish I hadn't given my LesPaul to my brother to destroy. I'll have a hard time convincing my wife that I really need a Johnny A. Gibson when she sees my two old Washburn's and a Strat sitting side by side in my computer / music room. How do you do it if you're just a bedroom player with no income from a band. Come to think of it, I didn't have any income when I was in a band back in the old days. Embarassed
andreja marovic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New Member, Howdy! Reply with quote

Cactus Jim wrote:
I got disgusted with the music that was being "fed" to us on the radio and got tired of playing the oldies over and over. I gave up playing for a long time because there didn't seem to be anything I wanted to hear any more. Just restarted a couple of years ago after starting to listen mostly to country and Jazz/blues. Johnny A. made me want to be a better player and is a real boost to my intrests cause he plays real music that has clear notes and rich guitar tones. I just hate guys that are suposed to be the "latest and greatest" and all they do is generate a bunch of un-intelligible high speed and high volume jibberish that sounds like their guitar is being dragged behind a dump truck.
I always wanted a Stratocaster till I finaly got one; makes me wish I hadn't given my LesPaul to my brother to destroy. I'll have a hard time convincing my wife that I really need a Johnny A. Gibson when she sees my two old Washburn's and a Strat sitting side by side in my computer / music room. How do you do it if you're just a bedroom player with no income from a band. Come to think of it, I didn't have any income when I was in a band back in the old days. Embarassed
Twisted Evil Arrow
I understand....I never made any money with music and refused to play what I dont like to hear...My wife and my 11 years daughter dont undestand the guitar passion I have ( nearly 60 guitars...at home at office...in the car) and buying each year more and more.The JA is a must for anyone with good taste in guitars.You can tke note that the average age of a JAR are inbetween 35-45 and up to 60 year old pros and amateurs.Peaple who dont buy for the fashon but who undestand what is a great guitar!ABRAXAS
aNDREJA (ja208,ja119)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: