Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I bought a Johnny A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilotbar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: I bought a Johnny A Reply with quote

Wow, I don't believe it. I bought a Johnny A! I own a Gibson SG Standard and a Strat. Now I own a Johnny A. It's different. Played it for over an hour in the store. Took it to play with another guitarist, and show him, let him play it, and then just finished playing it for an hour here at home with my amp. Very clean, bright sound. Not like my other guitars. Very pure. Mine is the sunburst one with a Bigsby. I compared it to an ES 356 and ES 335. The Johnny A won. Had two other guitarists try it, we all agreed. It is a very responsive guitar. That is, it reacts to my input. Strum softly, it sounds soft, strum hard it sounds hard (and loud). In some ways similar to my SG. Same sort of neck. But much brighter. SG is quite dark sounding. Not at all like a Strat (nothing is like a Strat). I would say the Johnny A has a very nuetral tone, very pure. God, it's GORGEOUS! Now I have to figure out how to register it. I guess I should register it. What's the advantage of registering? Disadvantage? Never heard of that one before, at least not like this registry. Anyway,, its a great guitar. I'm having a ball!!!
chrisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Register your JA Reply with quote

howdy man, and congratulations on scoring a kick ass guitar. Please drop by www.steelpots.com/jar.htm and register your JA. Why do it? Well why not? It's an informal way to track the ownership of these fine instruments. Sort of like a pedigree. Plus you'll get to see other guitars and simply have some fun and make friends.

it's free and pretty simple.

Best Regards
Gitfiddler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the JA club, Pilotbar! Cool

Did you score yours from Wildwood?

Hope you decide to register it.

The hardest thing about a Bixby'd JA is putting it down!! Very Happy
pilotbar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, got it from Wildwood. I live nearby. It is a unique, beautiful guitar. Quite different from my Strat or my SG, though I can hear some similarities with the SG, that Gibson tone is coming through. It is much brighter than the SG. It has some sort of "hollowbody spank" that is unique to hollowbodies, or at least Gibson hollowbodies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: