Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YO.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voodoo Funk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: YO..... Reply with quote

Cool

Hey just wanted to drop in and say hello, I am a moderator at GIBSONTALK and have 33 gibsons. I just ordered my Johnny A in DECEMBER and am waiting for it to arrive.

I play alot of BLUES, but also LOVE IGGY POP, ROXY MUSIC, HENDRIX,STONES BB KING CRAMPS and the list goes on.

I had 3 albums on ARISTA in the mid 70's during the PUNK MOVEMENT and lived with Richard Hell and ended up playing for him on his album BLANK GENERATION.

I am presently now putting my old band back together since they all got clean and am looking for some BLACK CHICS for back up singers and someone who can really play a HOT SAX......we have a key board player but would prefer another that's more into the BLUES and a HONKY TONK type of sound.

We have both CBS and ARISTA again awaiting us to get everyone together to make there promo CD....which was actually supposed to be the 4th album with ARISTA but I got tired of the DOPE SCENE, all my friends were dieing......or on there way, so I walked away from the new contract and the band and moved away from the lower east side, got clean and married and continued to write in my home studio and all of a sudden it was 20 years since I had a contract so I'm, back at it. UNfortunateley all of my friends did die, ie Johnny Thunders, DEE DEE, and the list goes on and on.
Being retired at 50 is VERY COOL as long as ya have the cash to live on, but we all have that need to play in our blood and MINE IS BOILING

I am 50 yo and have been playing for 43 of those years.
I play mostly Les Pauls.....and ES-335 styled ax's and I do have a Lucille and a few SG's the only other ax I play is a TELE and I HATE STRATS.

NO OFFENSE MEANT TO THOSE WHO DO PLAY STRATS...........

I had a Johnny A and had it stolen when I played with THE CRAMPS for awhile.......so that's my story.....hope to learn a bit here and also offer all of ya to come on over to Gibsontalk.com and talk about your Johnny A or just your love for GIBSONS

Voodoo Cool Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: