Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Setup????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: New Setup???? Reply with quote

In the Bournemouth, England diary entry, there's a reference to Johnny's getting a better sound from his 'new setup'. Can we have details as to what all the new setup features are?
Jazzabilly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It almost looks like he's switched from individual pedals to an actual effects board. Hmmm... Question
bclaire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit of a change...

He's using the TC Electronics G-System which is a pedalboard but combined with TC's effects, really nice effects. That replaced a few of his pedals, but you can still call up other pedals, channel switch amps etc. with the G-
System. John's also got a few Tube Drivers added in there as well.

Plus the clock I gave him.

Billy
Jazzabilly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Billy! In one of the pictures from the UK it looks like Johnny has either a volume or wah wah next to the new pedal board along with another pedal board kind of off to the left front from him (maybe that was on Jesse's side or else I was hallucinating). Is he still taking the old board with him to get the sound he wants? Just making sure I understand the set-up. Please tell me he still has the Line 6 Echo Park (If that pedal was Rachel Ray, I wouldn't kick her out of bed).

Jim
bclaire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope... the Line 6 pedal is GONE! The G-System has TC Electronics' effects built in so John has that programmed to do what his reverbs and delays and the Robotalk did before as well as octave stuff. He sets his wahwah off to the side and plugs into the G-System as well as the 3 Tube Drivers he has above it.

In the photo you reference, that's part of Satch's set-up I believe.

Billy
Jazzabilly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Billy. You are the man with the answers tonight!!! So, is this an endorsement for JA or did he seek out TC Electronics? As with any effect, there is a learning curve. Has he been working with this for a while???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: