Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marshall 30th anniversary amp ... current value?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Hey, why not take a poll on this?
$600 - $700
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$700 - $800
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$800 - $900
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$1000 - $1100
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
$1100 - $1200
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
over $1200 bucks. ( busts my amp budget. )
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Cmollet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Marshall 30th anniversary amp ... current value? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to upgrade my amp and thinking about this amp. Clearly, it's good enough for Johnny and he sounds pretty darn good with it.

I've seen a couple of these around. Does anyone have any input on how much these are worth if they're in excellent to mint condition? Is this an amp that will keep it's value or even increase in the next 15 - 20 years?

I'm mostly into the clean tones. Probably wouldn't use the lead channel much, if at all. Maybe I should just go with a Roland JC ?

I'm currently playing a 15 year old Carvin 2x12 100w combo.

Any tips, info, suggestions?
k0she

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an amp that will hold it's value especially the blue version. In excellent condition I have seen them go as high as $1800 on ebay and always around $1200. If you can get one at that price you better jump on it. I just got a new Gibson GA20RVT that is fantastic for the price of $999 but it is not a 100watt amp. It is only 15watts, but it is class A. It does everything the Marshall 6101 does plus has reverb and tremolo plus it is hand wired. If you are looking for a combo in the $2000 range, the Marshall 1974X hand wired is fantastic, but only 18 watts. Epiphone has just come out with a killer Blues Custom 30. I heard one a couple of weeks ago at Gibson. One of my favorite amps is a Roland Cube 30.
Cmollet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

I've heard lots of great things about the roland cube series. Sounds like it makes a great amp. I'll have to check it out sometime.

My concern with the cube 30 would be how it handles the low end with a 10in. speaker. Have you tried the cube 60?
k0she

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A freind has the Cube 60 and it has a great low end. The cube 30 just seemed better for me in the home. The new Vox ad60 looks pretty nice too. Another friend got a Vox ad30 for home use but I have not tried either one of the AD series yet. The Roland Cube series has a great clean sound plus some really clean effects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: