Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JA in Worcester

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: JA in Worcester Reply with quote

I'm kind of surprised to see Johnny scheduled to appear at Gilrein's in Worcester, Mass. It's a small club. But, that works in favor of those of who can attend.

Quote:
http://johnnya.com/tourdates.htm, 3/28/08 Gilrein's - Worcester, MA Evening with

The owner commented that Johnny likes a quiet crowd. I told him that JA prefers people who attend for the music, rather than the party. At least, that's my impression.

Does anyone read this discussion board anymore?
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lee

Yeah, I still check in once in a while. I just figured that everyone now goes to the Myspace instead. Rolling Eyes I haven't gotten into Myspace yet...don't know if I will either! I went to one of the shows at Firefly's in Marlboro (Sat nite) and I noticed that the crowd was definitely more into watching the show than previous shows there. They actually turned their chairs around and watched the show rather than sit in groups and chit chat. Standing O at the end that nite! Billy did a great set also, crowd loved it! Also, Carter Alan was in attendance from WZLX radio "Sunday Morning Blues" show. It was a great nite! Thanks for checkin' in!

Take care!

Leslie Very Happy
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JA in Worcester!

http://www.telegram.com:80/article/20080327/NEWS/803270451/1111
lee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: JA in Worcester Reply with quote

In the print edition, the article covered a whole page.

The night at Gilrein's was mixed. Big, noisy Friday night crowd.... I think JA played a very short, loud set. There seemed to be some kind of party in the middle of the room.

On the other hand, he has a new drummer--Ron Stewart, who played on the second album.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: