Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mickey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: HELP Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm having a hard time keeping my D string from slipping out of tune on my JA model. I spoke with Johnny A. about this and he recomended a dab of wax. I have had it re strung twice with a dab of wax and it is still slipping.....

If anyone else has this issue and resolved it Please let me know.
much thanks,

Mickey
Bigs_Bee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Reply with quote

Mickey wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a hard time keeping my D string from slipping out of tune on my JA model. I spoke with Johnny A. about this and he recomended a dab of wax. I have had it re strung twice with a dab of wax and it is still slipping.....

If anyone else has this issue and resolved it Please let me know.
much thanks,

Mickey

Could be a couple of things:
1. Make sure the new string that you have put on is properly stretched.
2. You may have a bad machine head that is slipping. (this occasionally happens with the vintage style tuners) If this is the case, I'm sure the Gibson Custom Shop would replace it for you.
Otis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Staying in tune. Reply with quote

I had a lot of difficulties with tuning my JA at first. The nut slots were a bit tight...had a pro set up including re cutting the nut slightly and had the Bigsby dismantled and lubed with silicone oil. I use powdered graphite in the nut slots. It's fine now. I think they need to be hammered a bit...played hard and broke in then they start to behave. Good luck! Otis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: