Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Johnny A. Signature Guitar Registry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclaire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: The Johnny A. Signature Guitar Registry Reply with quote

is right here.

Check out who owns which guitar!
chrisa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: The Johnny A. Guitar Registry: Be a part of the Legacy Reply with quote

Thanks for the plug for the JAR (Johnny A. Registry) on this fine new forum site. For anyone not familiar with the JAR, the idea is to track and account for each JA guitar and maintain a history on each instrument. I ask owners of JA guitars to register them on the site (I absolutely protect the personal information of each owner if they so choose) and then identify key elements for each guitar such as

-Where was it originally sold at?
-What is it finish and options (Bigsby)
-Left handed or Right handed?
-Chain of ownership, who owned and where is it?
-Any modifications to the guitar
-Photos of the guitar and comments from the owner(s)

The JAR is fortunite to have the support of Johnny A., some good people at the Gibson Custom Shop and many of the dealers who sell these exceptional guitars. It's a place to meet other owners and trade information (or just to discover you're not the only person afflicted with Gear Acquisition Syndrome). For people who are considering a JA guitar the JAR also can point you towards sellers who currently have guitars in stock, plus individuals who are selling them as well. If you're interested in some of the subtle nuances of the instrument, well the JAR is also a neat place to see photos of prototypes and guitars in mid-production.

Of course the JAR is for JA fans to and I work hard to get the word out about this outstanding guitar player and his music. I've got links to the "key players" in the Johnny A. world such as his website, Favored Nations, Gibson etc and you can get links to purchase products such as the JA Tab books. Please visit the JAR, drop me a line and say hello! It's a friendly place and everyone is welcome. If you own a JA or know someone who does please ask them to register their guitar!

bclaire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris!

Here's a picture to wind you up.... meet 006!

and no, that's not me...

Billy
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
chrisa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: JA 006 Reply with quote

Man, I'd sure love the owner of JA 006 to take a few moments to visit the JAR and register that axe! Can you please pass on my request!!! Smile Thanks for the photo man
objames

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: JA owner here Reply with quote

I recently pickup up JA 623 (signature model) and would imagine it was made fairly recently, say 2007. Picked it up on ebay and the guitar is in amazing shape. The serial# on the back is not engraved (it's flush beneath the finish surface) and was a little concerned. Can anyone vouch that this is cool. anyway the guitar is amazing and plays and sounds beautiful. Am still getting used to the large neck (wished they made one with a slim taper shape) but am not disappointed. Anybody else out there?
nico

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi every one,
the link for the registration of owner JAmodel doesn't work any more...

is that definitaly dead? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: