Scott Lerner Discussion :: View topic - *** Fuchs TDS-50 Excitement ***

Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index

Scott Lerner Discussion
The Official Scott Lerner Discussion Forum

www.scottlernermusic.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

*** Fuchs TDS-50 Excitement ***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave_c

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: *** Fuchs TDS-50 Excitement *** Reply with quote

Ordered a Fuchs TDS-50 on July 28 and just heard it'll be shipping late this week. Hard to contain my excitement about this one. It's got the new "crunch mod" which makes it easier to get more distortion out of channel 2 (versus the light breakup of earlier TDS models) and Andy says a few customers say channel 3 is even "better" as a result too. I also decided to get the "Hand Tuning" option, which gives the amp an additional pull-pot that switches between the so-called "Robben Ford" voicing and "Larry Carlton" voicing. The Robben Ford lead tone is one of my all-time favorites. Awesome! (I'm sure it'll make me play like him too. ) In addition, during hand-tuning, Andy hand sorts and selects certain tone caps and all the preamp tubes for design center values and lowest noise, etc.

This rig will also use the Amp Gizmo from RJM to give full MIDI control over channel-switching, mid/gain boosts and reverb/FX loop bypasses.

Lastly, I decided to protect the whole investment with a Furman AR-15 Series II AC voltage regulator and power conditioner.

And, yes, I'll try to get some clips as soon as I get it dialed in, hopefully with the band in full heat.
scottl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how do you like it?? I heard from Andy that you are really diggin' it!!
scottl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Which pull-pot? Reply with quote

I bet the bass pot pulls to change the midcap value. Try it.... Congrats on the purchase.

Ademus wrote:
I just purchased a new TDS 50 "Hand Tune" and wasn't aware of the "Robben vs Larry" pull-pot. Are you referring to Mid-boost?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Lerner Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Lerner Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: